Spring is finally here!
Now is the time to take a look at the outside of your home and perform some simple maintenance chores. You will then be free to enjoy the warmer weather!
Tips By: Lia Janusis a Home Depot Expert
- Clean gutters and downspouts and make sure they are directing water away from the house.
- Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing within five feet of the house or that are brushing up against the roof. You will create better ventilation, help dry out surfaces and prevent possible damage.
- Check for and repair cracks in driveway/sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete.
- Pressure wash your deck/patio and bring outdoor furniture out of storage.
Make sure to wipe down each piece thoroughly prior to placing on a freshly-washed surface.
- Check garden hoses for dry rot and inspect hose faucets for possible freeze damage that may have occurred during the winter months.
- Clean/condition your outdoor grill by first rinsing all outside surfaces with water. If grease has loosened on the grill grates and inside of the grill, wipe off using grill cleaner and paper towels. Follow by washing with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and wipe dry.
- Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs.Now that the “honey-do” list is done, it’s time to get out the kayak, golf clubs, or other toy of choice and enjoy the outdoors!
What do you do to get the outside of your home ready for those beautiful summer days?
Any tips to share? Leave a comment below and let us know!
~Cheryl Pastor, Social Media Specialist