Five signs that Spring is definitely coming!!!
1) Robins and Bluebirds. Everyone knows when you see the first Robin that Spring is not far away! It is always such an uplifting feeling to see that first Robin hopping across the yard.
2) The seed catalogs have arrived in the mail. We received our Gurney Seed catalog about two weeks ago and it is sitting there just waiting for us to start making out our wish list. In the meantime, packs of Zinnias and Green Bean seeds have been purchased at the Big Box store.
3) Easter candy, baskets, and egg coloring are filling the shelves at Walmart. Easter flowers fill the stores with the wonderful smell of tulips and hyacinths. Pastel colors line the shelves. Don’t you just love the sights and smell of Easter!
4) Spring Training games start soon! In less than a week, Pirates will play their Spring Training opener in Bradenton, FL Woo-hoo! Regular season will follow shortly after.
5) It’s been almost 3 weeks since Phil saw his shadow! On Feb. 2nd, Punxsutawney Phil, the Prognosticator of prognostication, emerged from his home on Gobbler’s Knob to predict 6 more weeks of winter. That means we only have 3 weeks to go, right?
Spring officially arrives at the Vernal Equinox which falls on March 20 at 12:57 P.M. EDT in 2014. This is when the days and nights are equal in length which each day bringing more sunlight into our lives.
I can’t wait to see the daffodils peak through the melting snow. THAT is my sign that Spring is here.
What is your sign? How do you know Spring has officially arrived? Let us know!
~Cheryl Pastor, Social Media Specialist