When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of gratitude, family, friends, Macy’s parade, football, and, of course, FOOD! Food has become the center of attention around Thanksgiving…the smell of turkey roasting in the oven, freshly baked pumpkin pies, stuffing, mashed or sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce to name a few.
I know our table is filled to the brim with food from noon through suppertime. Traditional favorites and a new recipe here and there for the trying.
A new recipe I’m giving a try this year is from the Taste of Home magazine, page 52…Creamy Cranberry Salad!
PREP: 15 min. + chilling
MAKES: 16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into the cranberry mixture.
PER SERVING: 200 cal
Sounds yummy, doesn’t it? What new recipes are you trying out this year? What favorite traditional foods do you prepare?
Comment below or go back to our Facebook post to leave your favorite Thanksgiving recipe of 2013!
– Cheryl Pastor, Social Media Specialist