Are you uncertain whether you have adequate insurance for your small home-based business? You may have been relying on your Pennsylvania home insurance policy to provide protection from some of the risks of your business, but as your enterprise grows you may be at risk of being under insured. Has your business outgrown home insurance coverage, and is it time to purchase a Pennsylvania business insurance policy?
Changes in the way your home is used and expansion of your business operations can have implications for home and business insurance. Think about changes that have been made since your home-based business was first launched.
- Using your personal car more for business may affect auto insurance arrangements.
- Acquiring more business equipment may mean that you are no longer fully insured.
- Expanding your business operations may have increased the risk of being sued for business mistakes.
- You have probably accumulated vital business data and your enterprise may be vulnerable to data loss.
- Receiving more clients in your home office may warrant altering liability coverage or purchasing additional insurance.
As your business grows you will be exposed to many business risks that may not have existed when your small business was first launched. Insurance for home-based businesses can be tricky, and you might benefit from engaging a local insurance agent to help with management of your Pennsylvania business insurance and home insurance needs.