Highblood pressure can be a contributing factor in a number of long term illnesses, including heart disease and stroke. Lowering your blood pressure may have a number of benefits, including a reduced risk of developing a serious health condition, better overall health and even the chance of being able to obtain cheaper life insurance in PA.
It is a good idea to have your blood pressure monitored regularly by your health practitioner and if it is on the high side take steps to reduce it. Medication is one way to lower your blood pressure but there are other drug free things you can do which may help:
- Exercise more. Being active can help you lower your blood pressure and improve your general health.
- Keep within a healthy weight range.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol to within safe levels.
- Stop smoking.
- Reduce your intake of sodium.
- Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh produce and fish.
Taking a proactive approach to your health can help you live a longer, happier life. As an added bonus, being at a reduced risk for long term health problems may also make you eligible for a discount when you take out life insurance in PA.