This Homemade Applesauce Recipe will keep you in fresh applesauce throughout the Winter.
This recipe is by Ree/The Pioneer Woman.
|Prep: 15 Minutes||Level: Easy|
|Cook: 25 Minutes||Serves: 12|
- 6 pounds Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 8 Slices
- 1 cup Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, More Or Less To Taste
- Optional Ingredients: Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, Allspice, Butter
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don’t fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
Store in the fridge and serve by itself, over pork chops, over ice cream, over pancakes…or any place where applesauce is needed! YUM!