In the 1993 Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus, the Sanderson Sisters declare, “Don’t you see what is going on, sisters? All Hallows Eve has become a night of children in costumes and running amuck! Amuck! Amuck, amuck, amuck”
I think that is one of my favorite quotes of the movie. All Hallows Eve and the days preceding have also become a time of fun Halloween events in the local area. There are a variety of Haunted Houses, Trick-or-Treating, and other events to celebrate running amuck while all dressed up in costume!
- This weekend, on Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19, you can visit Oil City YMCA’s Camp Coffin with your family for only $10 a carload. There are haunted hayrides, games, fortune telling, and haunted trails to entertain all ages.
- Boo Bash is being held at Cranberry Mall on Wednesday, October 23rd from 5pm-8pm. Treats, games, prizes and more are to enjoy for kids ages 20 and under.
- Dark Domain, the area’s haunted house runs now through November 2nd at the Cranberry Mall.
- And for those who want to combine exercise with Halloween, a Halloween Zumba Charity Event will be held Sunday, October 27 at the Seneca Fire Hall on Rt. 257.
- Close by in Clarion County, the A-Maze-Ing Farm Adventure located in Lucinda, PA features a corn maze, a haunted corn maze, and a child-sized haybale maze. Paul’s Pumpkin Patch in Fairmount City invites you to enjoy pumpkin patch-pick in the field, pumpkin patch- already gathered from the field, tractor-pulled hay rides, petting zoo, and more.
- The ARC Haunted Basement Nightmare Under Chestnut runs Oct 4-26 on Fridays and Saturdays from 6PM-10:30PM. The Haunted Basement is located at 222 Chestnut St in Meadville.
If that’s not enough of family fun, there will be local Trick or Treating in every community around! So put on your best Halloween costume and prepare to run amuck, amuck, amuck!
Comment below or post YOUR favorite Halloween event on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/barrsinsurance.
Written by Cheryl Pastor, Barr’s Blogger