Why Barr's Insurance

Protecting the American Dream since 1873

FASFA – What is it and what do you need to do?

No responses


If you are a parent of a child attending college or will be attending college in the fall, then you will need to complete a FASFA.  FASFA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.


The FASFA is the place to start.  Completing the FASFA will give you access to these types of aid:

  • Grants and Scholarships
  • Work-study programs
  • Loans

To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), you will need:

  • Your Social Secutiry Number or Alien Registration Number (if not a US Citizen)
  • Your most recent federal income tax return, W-2’s or other records of money earned
  • Bank statements or investment records (if applicable)
  • Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
  • A Federal Student Aid PNI to sign electronically

If you are a dependent child, then you will need the above information for both parent and child.

The FASFA is completed online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ or you can download the form from there.

Our Insurance Partners

Skip to content
Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Insurance
"We are excited to launch our new responsive website that provides a fresh platform."
- Joe Pastor, President, Barr's Insurance