Why Barr's Insurance

Protecting the American Dream since 1873

Driving To Canada, Eh? What You Should Know Before You Go

No responses

Are You Planning A Trip To Canada, Eh?

If You Plan On Driving To Canada You Should Obtain A Canadian ID Card, Also Known As A Non-Resident Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card, From Your Insurance Agent / Company.

This Insurance Card Is Used As Evidence Of Insurance Coverage If You Are Stopped By Enforcement Officials Or Involved In An Accident in Canada.  Without It, You May Be Fined For Driving Without Adequate Insurance.

U.S. Insurance Companies File With Canadian Authorities a Power Of Attorney And Undertaking (PAU), In Which The U.S. Insurance Company Agrees To Meet The Minimum Third Party Liability Limits Required In The Province or Territory Where The Accident/Violation Took Place. In Most Canadian Jurisdications, The Third Party Liability Limit is C$200,000.

If You Travel By Motorcycle Into Canada, A Canadian ID Card Is Also Required For The Motorcycle.

The Intent Of This Blog Is To Give You General  Information Only, Any Specific Questions or Concerns Should Be Directed to Your Agent Or Insurance Company.

Our Insurance Partners

Skip to content
Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Insurance
"We are excited to launch our new responsive website that provides a fresh platform."
- Joe Pastor, President, Barr's Insurance