Why Barr's Insurance

Protecting the American Dream since 1873

Preparing for a Trip to Canada by Car

No responses

CanadaSchool’s almost over. Time for a break from work and home. Making vacation plans this summer?

If you are thinking of driving north of the border, there’s something you need to know before you go.

Traveling to Canada by vehicle will require you to obtain a Canadian ID card, also known as a Non-Resident Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card, which you can obtain from your Insurance Agent/company.

This insurance card is used as evidence of insurance coverage if you are stopped by enforcement officials or involved in an accident in Canada.

Without it, you may be fined for driving without adequate insurance.

Requirements to obtain Canadian ID cards also extend to Motorcycles, Recreational vehicles and snow mobiles and each card must be vehicle specific.  ATV’s are excluded when driven on private property, however if driven on public roads, they must carry a Canadian non-resident liability card.

Niagara Falls

Call your agent at Barr’s Insurance, 888-813-7500, for more details.

Drive safely but if you need claim information while on vacation, go to https://www.barrsinsurance.com/client-service/claims/

Our Insurance Partners

Skip to content
Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Insurance
"We are excited to launch our new responsive website that provides a fresh platform."
- Joe Pastor, President, Barr's Insurance