Are you looking for ways to save money? Consumers overpay for homeowners insurance each year. Below are 8 ways to save on your Pennsylvania Homeowners Insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Consider a $1000 deductible, it could result in a consider savings compared to a $250 or $500 deductible.
- Insure your home and auto with the same company. Multi-policy discounts can be as much as 20% for each line, depending on the insurance company.
- Install a monitored security system for burglary and fire. Also, equip you home with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and a fire extinguisher.
- Home renovation discount. If you have updated your plumbing, heating, electrical system or roof recently, let your insurance company know.
- Shop around. If you have been with the same carrier for a long period of time, it’s likely that you are paying more than you need to be.
- Keep your credit clean. Insurance companies consider good credit records to be an indicator of a better risk, resulting in a lower premium.
- Check for additional discounts. See if the company offers a non-smoker discount, senior/mature discount, renewal or loyalty discount, occupation discount, etc.
- Be sure to review your Pennsylvania homeowners insurance policy each year at renewal to make sure that you are receiving the discounts that applicable.