Why Barr's Insurance

Protecting the American Dream since 1873

NEW YEAR NEW YOU?

No responses

The beginning of the year is the most popular time for people to try and start on their weight loss and fitness goals.

We’re starting to feel a little guilty about all the treats we’ve had over the holidays. They sure were yummy though, weren’t they?

One good thing about choosing to lose weight is that we don’t have to deprive ourselves. You can still have those yummy treats.

The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to follow the 80/20 rule. Choose healthy, nourishing foods 80% of the time. The remaining 20% is for those treats or your favorite indulgences.

VegetablesBy following the 80/20 rule, you’re fueling your body with the foods it needs, as well as the foods it craves.

The first couple weeks may be a little hard. It takes a time for your mind to adjust to what your body is going through. You should start to feel better, as well. Your focus, digestion, and overall well-being should improve.

It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for your friends and or family to notice, and it takes 12 weeks for everyone else to notice.

Don’t give up!

Along with your new way of eating, you may also want to start incorporating some exercise.

A lot of people feel as though you have to strenuously work yourself to see any sort of change. That’s not accurate. Simply by walking everyday you can add significant change to your body.

Of course, there are many different exercises you can choose to do. Cardio, weight training, yoga, and swimming are just a few. Choose what makes you feel good and what you’re physically able to do.

Something to keep in mind, ladies, is that you don’t need hours of cardio to achieve the body you want.

Strength training can actually provide more of the results you’re looking for. Cardio can burn a significant number of calories, but weight or strength training continues to burn calories hours after the workout is already completed. Contrary to what people think, you will not turn into Arnold. So, ladies, don’t be afraid to pick up a set of weights.

Whatever you choose to do, we wish you the best of luck. Embrace the journey and remember, never give up because of the amount of time it will take to accomplish your goal. The time will pass anyway.

 

 

Amber Fellows

Customer Service Representative


Our Insurance Partners

Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Insurance
"We are excited to launch our new responsive website that provides a fresh platform."
- Joe Pastor, President, Barr's Insurance
PGlmcmFtZSBoZWlnaHQ9IjM0OCIgYWxsb3dUcmFuc3BhcmVuY3k9InRydWUiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBzY3JvbGxpbmc9Im5vIiBzdHlsZT0id2lkdGg6MjUwO2JvcmRlcjpub25lIiAgc3JjPSJodHRwczovL3dlYnN1bHRzLnd1Zm9vLmNvbS9lbWJlZC96MWVtaW5xNTBtZGdnY2QvIj48YSBocmVmPSJodHRwczovL3dlYnN1bHRzLnd1Zm9vLmNvbS9mb3Jtcy96MWVtaW5xNTBtZGdnY2QvIj5GaWxsIG91dCBteSBXdWZvbyBmb3JtITwvYT48L2lmcmFtZT4=