It’s the time of year that everyone loves–and dreads! The music is on nearly every radio station, the lights are hung on lamp posts, and the decorated trees illuminate through the windows of houses.
It’s Christmas time!!
Amidst the hustle and bustle of the season, it’s sometimes hard to think straight.
Here at Barr’s Insurance, we pride ourselves on being helpful. While we can’t eliminate all of your holiday stress, we have compiled a list of tips and ideas for you on how to shop and save during the holiday season.
- Start Early: Who says you have to wait until December to shop for gifts? If you pick up items throughout the year, it can save you time and money. Make a list of every person you want to shop for and write down each item you’ve bought for them throughout the year. Make that list and check it twice!
- Sales, Sales, Sales: If you dare to brave the store during sale time, do so! You can find fantastic deals that aren’t available during other times of the year. Take advantage of them as they can save you money. With all the money you save, you can treat yourself to something nice. Your secret is safe with us!
- Shop Online: As if the holidays weren’t busy enough, it can be hard to find the time to shop. Those who aren’t able to take advantage of those ‘Door Buster’ sales can opt to shop online. Shopping online can save you a lot of time. There are also many sites who offer sales-and even free shipping! Don’t forget about your postal worker during the holidays, after all, they’ll be delivering your goodies!
- Get On Your Phone: Most people are tech savvy these days. If you’re a Smartphone user, you can use that to your advantage. Many stores have apps that you can download right to your phone. On these apps, you can browse merchandise, check prices, and even pay for items right from your phone. By having the apps on your phone, you can compare prices between stores and save the time driving from store to store. While you’re on there, don’t forget to check out the Barr’s Insurance Facebook page!
- DIY: Not all gifts need to be purchased. Some of the most wonderful gifts received are homemade. When you take the time to put work, effort, and love into something, people are very appreciative. It could even be something as simple as yummy baked goods served in a festive tin. Have a wonderful memory with a loved one? Wrap a photo in a frame. That’ll be a gift they can cherish for many years to come. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination. It’s also a great family bonding opportunity. So, make that hot cocoa and start brainstorming.
Remember, take time to enjoy the season, It’s hard to get caught up in the chaos, but be sure you’re embracing those special moments.
The staff at Barr’s Insurance would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!
Personal Lines Account Manager